Monday 29 July 2013

Rhubarb!

You may recall the elderflower cordial.
Well, here's a quick recipe that includes the use of slightly too sweet cordial...

Rhubarb crumble.
Basically, you get a whole bunch of rhubarb.  You slice it up into chunks.  Then you cook it up in some of the elderflower cordial.  This makes the rhubarb taste (even if I say so myself) absolutely amazing.  It was genuinely completely delicious.  I suppose you could use shop-bought elderflower cordial if you haven't made your own!  Perfectly acceptable :)
I made up a crumble topping, which was basically along the following sort of quantities:
155g flour
80g butter
110g sugar (I use a mix of white and demerara or light brown sugar)
A generous amount of ground ginger. 
Buzz the butter and flour in a mixer thingy (or do it by hand) then add the ginger and sugar. 
Rhubarb goes in a dish, crumble mix on top.
Pop it in the oven 'til the crumble's a gorgeous golden colour and the rhubarb is bubbling up around the side. 
Eat.
Let me know how it goes!
(Sorry, not got pictures at the mo'.  May add some later)

No comments:

Post a Comment