Friday 17 October 2014

Cool stool.

This is old news, having happened back at the tail-end of August, but I've not blogged on it, so here goes.  Bought a piano stool (ex-display) for an absolute crazy-bargain price (like £140 off or something) but the shop was worried about the state of the cover. 

















"You may need to re-cover it" they advised.  What a fab idea.
So I bought some music notes fabric from Amazon (about £6.50 for twice what I needed).
Then I cut the fabric in half.
I unscrewed the padded seat from the main body of the stool

















I stapled the fabric onto the seat.

















I screwed it back on to the stool

















And here are the boys, performing a stool test (I had to get that gag in somewhere...)





2 comments:

  1. I still can't get over your Grannie's Singer at the beginning of this blog - and the knowledge that you use it occasionally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... mind you, Grannie would have made a much better job of the corners of your stool. As in her ottoman, which we have only recently, and very sadly, disposed of, which she covered centuries ago. I'm a little shocked at you. And I'm not really anonymous - I'm Mum.... (I know you know, but someone else might be listening...)

    ReplyDelete